Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just Do Something! Prayers for Relief In Haiti!

I have been very disturbed by the happenings of Haiti. It is hard to process the magnitude of the event. The fact that so many people have lost their lives, lost family members, and lost friends. Although, to my knowledge, I do not have any family in Haiti, my heart just goes out to those that were involved in the earthquake.

Turning on the news does not help. The images seem to be overwhelming. If you are like me, you just want to figure out the best way that you can help. I have prayed and prayed for the people of Haiti and for those that are able to get over there to help. I have also prayed that those thinking about going to help will find away to get to Haiti.

If I had the ability to go help, I know I would go. I do not have any medical training, but I am certain that there is some way that I could step in help.

So, I am writing to say…..follow your heart in all that you do. You may be able to organize from where you live, you may be able to stuff care packages, and you may be able to raise funds. Just do something! This is a defining moment in history. We have people suffering beyond any suffering that we could imagine. Follow your heart and do something!

No comments: